ArborWoman invites you to get in touch with us should you decide to parent your child. We can help guide you to the resources you need to make the journey ahead a wonderful one. Please bear in mind that parenting is a significant responsibility. We agree with The Michigan Department of Health’s definition of parental responsibilities.
Please consider the following:
- Parenting is a full-time job. It lasts 24 hours a day and you are on call for each of them, seven days a week.
- Parents are required to provide daily physical care and nurturing for their children.
- Parents should also provide a spiritual upbringing.
- Some parenting job descriptions include: chef, nurse, counselor, teacher, administrator, chauffeur, travel agent, fashion consultant, coach.
- Parents should provide financial support until children are of age and able to provide for themselves.
- Parenting is a job you will neither be fired from nor allowed to quit. It is for life.